Spring Cleaning: Tips (2018)
We’re quickly saying goodbye to winter as we welcome in spring and all that it has to offer us this year.
Although it’s only February, we always think it’s best to be prepared and get ahead of the game. You can never be too prepared, they say. When it comes to spring, there is one thing associated with the season that some people naturally dread, but others thrive off of. Spring Cleaning.
Spring cleaning is a phenomenon that comes quicker than we expected each year. It’s a day (or two, or three) where we put on our best house cleaning shirts and dig deep. We clean, we scrub, we vacuum, we wax, we dust, we sweep, etc. It’s a great chance for us to officially say goodbye to the cold winter blues and welcome the fresh air and sunshine of the warmer months.
Everyone has their own technique and way of cleaning, which is wonderful. But, if you’re anything like us- new tips, tricks and ideas for the ultimate clean are not only welcome, but encouraged. We love hearing from friends, family and customers about their favorite tips and tricks that they enjoy doing when clean their homes. Because, honestly, as the years go on the mess just keeps piling up and we need every angle of attack!
- Since your blankets, comforters, duvets have been stocked up all winter, leave them outside on a breezy and dry day to air out for the day! This will refresh and get all of that winter build up off without the hassle of washing (if they’re not dirty).
- We don’t know about you, but sometimes the fridge needs a bigger clean than just tossing out the old produce and forgotten about puddings. A new season is a great excuse to dive deep and refresh that refrigerator. Combine soda water with salt in a spray bottle, put on your apron and get ready to scrub shelves, drawers and those condiment side holders. Scrub all that build-up away!
- Actually, this is a great time to throw out any unnecessary or forgotten objects, food, snacks, and utensils that you’re not using. A big clean is the only way to start fresh.
- Wipe those blinds off with a damp but gentle cloth (microfiber). Spring is approaching and we’re going to beat the dust this year…finally.
- DUST. DUST. DUST EVERYTHING!
- This might be a good time to call in some extra help. Having your carpet deep-cleaned or hardwood floors waxed by professionals is a great way to stay motivated and get into those difficult places.
- Water and baking soda will be your best friend. Use it on surfaces, tile and even grout to get down to the nitty gritty. For walls, cabinets and baseboard try water and a hint of dishwasher cleaner.
- Closet swap! Don’t forget, the weather is (hopefully) getting warmer each day. Switching out all of your bulky winter clothing for spring and summer is not only a great way to welcome the new season, but to rearrange and organize your closet so it looks good as new!
So, these are just a few of our favorite little tidbits for the approaching Spring Cleaning bonanza. Some you might know (being a pro and all), others you might be seeing for the first time and want to test out! Whichever method you go with, we here at Housekeeping Uniforms wish you nothing but the best spring cleaning experience to date!